It is the end of the month again! Here are my favorite things from the month of September.
Arts and Culture
Here is a list of the songs from My Shazam this month:
- R.O.T.C. (Interlude) by Kendrick Lamar Feat. BJ The Chicago Kid
- Mozart: Piano Concerto No. 1 In F Major, K. 37: II. Andante
- Sonata No. 27 in E Minor, Op. 90: Nicht Zu Geschwind Und Sehr Singbar Vorgetragen (Not Too Quickly And Very Songfully)
- Andante by Daniel Hope & Kammerorchester Basel
- Havana by Camila Cabello Feat. Young Thug
- Concerto in D Major, Rv 93: Allegro Giusto
- Thunder by Imagine Dragons
- First by Cold War Kids
- Railroad Earth by Railroad Earth
- Don’t Stay by Laura Izibor
- I am re-discovering Gal Meets Glam, a fashion blogger, and I am really loving how she incorporates warm colors in her wardrobe and how her style is so feminine.
- The look of effortless vintage Levi’s
- Fall colors
- Pleated skirts like this
- I spent some time on networking this month. One of my friend works at a big pharmaceutical company and she introduced me to two people at her company with roles I am interested in. To be honest I did not learn that many new things about their roles at the interviews but I definitely believe this experience makes me feel more confident about applying for a job at their company; now I have a broader perspective of the company and culture and the type of people they look for.
- The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin differentiates people into four different groups in terms of how they respond to both inner and outer expectations. According to her test, I am an Obliger who responds stronger to outer expectations and I find this to be true: I often have to rely on other people or circumstances to make me do certain things and I find that I am a better person when I know that someone else s looking up to me.
- The book “Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It”
- “Fill Your Heart With Love” post on Instagram